The Shanghai International Circuit in China will be staging this weekend's Formula One race, the 14th time that it has hosted the event and the following is a list of stats that the Mercedes F1 team has put together on their performances there during the time they have been contesting the Formula One World Championship..
- The Silver Arrows have won four of the most recent five races in Shanghai, including the last three successive years.
- In the previous season, Nico Rosberg recorded his second victory on the circuit, his first having come in 2012.
- That was not only his maiden win but also the first victory for the Silver Arrows in the 'new era' of Formula One.
- Lewis has already ascended the top rung of the podium in China on four occasions.
- The most recent of these victories in Shanghai came in 2015.
- In the last five qualifying sessions, pole position has been claimed by either Nico or Lewis. In the 13 Grands Prix hosted by Shanghai, drivers powered by a Mercedes engine secured a total of 18 podium finishes.