It was the Ferrari of Kimi Raikkonen at the top of the leaderboard for the second full day of official testing here at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona Spain, the Finn recording a whopping 104 laps in the teams new 2017 charger to go two hundredths of a second faster than Monday’s quickest man, Lewis Hamilton, who once again recorded a total of 73 laps.
Max Verstappen was on duty for Red Bull on day two, the Dutchman third overall but over a second behind the best time of the day.
It was another difficult day for McLaren with new rookie driver Stoffel Vandoorne only managing 37 laps while Lance Stroll’s debut in the Williams netted him the slowest time overall and only 11 laps.
More to follow…
Times from day two:
- Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 1:20.960s 104 laps
- Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:20.983s 73 laps
- Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing 1:22.200s 86 laps
- Kevin Magnussen Haas 1:22.204s 112 laps
- Esteban Ocon Force India 1:22.509s 85 laps
- Daniil Kvyat Toro Rosso 1:22.956s 68 laps
- Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 1:22.986s 96 laps
- Jolyon Palmer Renault 1:24.139s 52 laps
- Antonio Giovinazzi Sauber 1:24.617s 60 laps
- Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren-Honda 1:25.600s 37 laps
- Lance Stroll Williams 1:26.040s 11 laps