The 2017 Formula One Championship season will see Force India celebrate ten years of participation in the pinnacle of Motorsports.
The following is a list of stats that shows the rise and fall of the team, who had their best result ever in 2016 when they finished fourth in the constructors.
However, they still continue to chase that very elusive first victory…maybe this year!
Fastest laps: 4
Feel the Fourth: the 2016 season
Best ever Championship position: 4th with 173 points
- Beaten the previous points record, 155 in 2014 (when the final race had double points).
- 2 podiums, 30 points finishes (out of 42 possible), 12 double-points finishes (out of 21 possible).
- Finished in the points in 18 out of 21 races.
- Scored 159 out of 173 points after the Spanish GP (Round 5).
- Qualifying: 32 times in Q3/top 10 (before penalties are applied).
- Classified in 38 out of 42 race finishes; on the lead lap in 26 of 42.
- Sergio Perez was the driver with the second highest number of completed laps – 1205 of a possible 1212.
Highest championship position ever for an SFI driver- Sergio Perez with P7.