SAO PAULO, BRAZIL - NOVEMBER 11: Franz Tost of Scuderia Toro Rosso and Austria during qualifying for the Formula One Grand Prix of Brazil at Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace on November 11, 2017 in Sao Paulo, Brazil. (Photo by Peter Fox/Getty Images)

We had to clarify things explains Tost

It was reported last week that Scuderia Toro Rosso was far from happy with the criticism dished out by Renault in regard to the continual engine failures that the Faenza based squad were experiencing in the second half of the 2017 F1 season with Renault hinting it was the team’s fault rather than the engines that were supplied.

This caused an uproar of sorts between the two over the course of the Brazilian Grand Prix, but as team boss Franz Tost told Motorsport.com, they couldn’t just sit by and let Renault tear them down the way they did…

“I had the feeling that I had to say something. You know, that if the team is being criticised, and we feel this is not 100 percent correct, then we have to give a statement. And this is what we did,” Tost said. “Whether it’s done correctly or not is another question. We just clarified our point of view.”

Nothing more was sad between the two parties after the statement issued by Toro Rosso, who continue to sit four points ahead of Renault in the Constructors Championship with one race remaining.

Comments